Updated: Nov 28, 2019
Papers in peer reviewed journals
1) Safety and efficacy of self-expandable metal stents for obstructive proximal and distal large bowel cancer: experience from a district general hospital, Dr. Vikramjit Mitra, Dr. Maxworth Hu, Dr. Debasis Majumdar, et al, Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (Accepted for publication, January 2017).
2) Comparison of the diagnostic performance of 2 core biopsy needles for EUS-guided tissue acquisition from solid pancreatic lesions. Manu K. Nayar, Bharat Paranandi, Muhammad F. Dawwas, John S.Leeds, Antony Darne, Beate Haugk, Debasis Majumdar, et al, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (Article in press, December 2016)
3) Reported adverse clinical incidents in a district general hospital. Lessons to be learnt? M Macauley, D Majumar, B Chaudhury. The Online Journal of Clinical Audit, Vol 2, No:4, 2010.
4) Pulmonary Involvement in Chronic Arsenic Poisoning from Drinking Contaminated Ground-water; BK De, D Majumdar, S.Sen, et al, Journal of The Association of Physicians of India,2004;52:395-400.
5) Management of the Budd-Chiari syndrome by ballon cavoplasty; BK De, PK Biswas, S Sen, D Das, SK Mandal, D Majumdar, Indian Journal of Gastroenteology,2001;20:151-154.
6) Hepatopulmonary Syndrome in Inferior Vena Cava Obstruction Responding to Cavoplasty; BK De, S Sen, PK Biswas, R Sanyal, D Majumdar et al, Gastroenterology 2000;118:192-196.
7) Acute and 7-day portal pressure response to carvediliol and propranolol in cirrhotics; BK De, D Das, S Sen, PK Biswas, SK Mandal, D Majumdar et al, Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2002;17:183-189.
Oral Presentations (Abstracts)
1) Adenoma surveillance in the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening programme - is the high/intermediate risk stratification appropriate? – BSG 2014, Manchester
2) Predictors of advanced neoplasia at surveillance in screening population- a study of all high and intermediate risk group subjects in first six year of NHS BCSP- BSG 2014, Manchester
3) Trans-nasal percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (t-PEG) placement using a small calibre endoscope: safe, well tolerated and effective. 17 World Congress on Clinical Nutrition, Sofia Friday 25 October 2013
4) Analysis of colorectal polyps detected in the English NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme with emphasis on advanced adenoma and polyp cancer detected, DDF, 2012, Liverpool5) High-resolution manometry alters the diagnosis in patients diagnosed with diffuse oesophageal spasm by conventional manometry: resurgence of achalasia cardia. NREG, November 2011.
Poster Presentations (Abstarcts)
1) Safety and efficacy of transnasal percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy placement- experience in a district general hospital - Accepted for BSG 2014, Manchester.
2) The safety and efficacy of transpancreatic sphincterotomy for difficult CBD cannulation during ERCP: A District General Hospital’s experience- Accepted for DDW 2014.
3) Modular teaching improves diagnostic ability in endoscopy training, UEGW, 2012, Amsterdam.
4) Angiographic embolisation for non-variceal upper gastrointestinal haemorrhage after failed endoscopic therapy—a 5-year district general hospital experience, S Chatterjee, L Potti, R Raza, F P Perez, D Majumdar, D Dwarakanath, Gut 2012;61:Suppl 2 A325.
5) Experience of colonic stenting in a district general hospital, V Krishnan, D Majumdar, D Dwarakanath, Gut 2012;61:Suppl 2 A386.
6) High-resolution manometry alters the diagnosis in patients diagnosed with diffuse oesophageal spasm by conventional manometry: resurgence of achalasia cardia. D Majumdar, P Saunders, Y Yannakou, A Dhar. Gut 2011;60:Suppl 1 A152-A153.
7) Outcome of 3 year surveillance colonoscopy in patients with intermediate risk adenomas:
analysis of the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme National Database. D Majumdar,
TJ Lee, J Patnick, MD Rutter. Gut 2011;60:Suppl 1 A6.
8) Continued biennial screening of faecal occult blood test (fobt) positive and screening colonoscopy negative cohort in English bowel cancer screening programme- is it necessary?
2012 DDF Meeting, Liverpool